Monday 30 April 2018

P. S. I Love You - Jo Noelle



Date of Reading: 25/04/2018
Author: Jo Noelle
From: The author through I am a Reader in lieu of an honest review
My Rating: 3.5/5




About the book:

Cora Rey wanted a fresh start in life, but being thrown back in time to 1850 isn’t how she expected to do that. She discovers that Victorian England isn’t the pleasant social whirl Jane Austen led her to believe, but when in Rome—or in this case Twickenham . . . She’s determined to have the vacation of a lifetime, especially in the company of a certain duke.
Simon Tuttle never expected to become the Duke of Hertfordshire, never wanted it, but now he is, and eligible women seeking a title consider him the next trophy to be taken in the marriage mart. A union of convenience is the most he hopes for due to the shame-filled secret he bears—until he meets Cora. Now, he imagines that a love match could be possible after all. Hiding his secret from society has been easy—hiding it from Cora proves impossible. Can Cora love a man like him despite learning the truth?

My Review:
        I love time travels. Not that I have done any, but a girl can always dream. Just imagine meeting Jane Austen or Gregor Mendel for that matter (poor chap!) and telling them they are going to be quite famous after death. Awesome! Obviously, on the dark side, we could end up in a realm like that of the 'Outlander' which I am not so looking forward to.
        So if you are like me, then this a definite pick to have in your TBR shelf. A kick-ass heroine (quite literally), a beautiful romance, a lot of fun and a bit of adventure -- that is what Jo Noelle offers. We will love Cora from the start. I was quite envious of her self-defense tactics; a damsel not in need of a man to protect her is quite rare even in our times.
        On the other hand, some things could have been better. The story lacks a powerful villain capricious enough to make a crack in the relationship. Crossing over time periods is taken rather lightly (which is relaxing considering the agony I used to undergo on watching 'Flash'), but shouldn't there be a counter reaction to every action? But apart from this tiny weeny problem, we have a bunch of lovable characters and a stress-free reading.

Meet the author:
Jo Noelle grew up in Colorado and Utah but also spent time in Idaho and California. She has two adult children and three small kids. She teaches teachers and students about reading and writing, grows freakishly large tomatoes, enjoys cooking especially for desserts, builds furniture, sews beautiful dresses, and likes to go hiking in the nearby mountains. 
Oh, and by the way, she's two people--Canda Mortensen and Deanna Henderson, a mother/daughter writing team. We write sweet romance stories with contemporary, paranormal, fantasy or time-travel twists. (Courtesy: Goodreads)

24 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good story, I'll have to keep a note of that one. Good honest review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest thoughts. I'm glad to hear you liked most of the book. Time travel stories are intriguing; wouldn't it be wonderful?

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Time travel novels are always intriguing

      Delete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of historical fiction, but I'm a sucker for a big secret. And now I have to find out what he's hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ... Good that I forgot to mention it in my review then.

      Delete
  4. This sounds interesting, I am going to add this to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review, thank you for putting this one on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done, I am sure I would have been quickly put to death if thrown back in time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering my luck, I may have the same fate :(

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of this. Great review. Not sure I'd fare to well if I went back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds quite sweet. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been years since I've read a time travel book and you have me itching to change that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good novel to renew that streak again :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a sweet romance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also like time travel and romance. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the first YA romance books I read, back when I was a YA, was a book called PS I Love You. I'm drawn to this book simply because of the connection to the title and fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. There are many books with the same title. They could have used another one, but this rings with the story.

      Delete
  13. This one sounds fantastic! And I love the mother-daughter duo writing this :) Definitely one I will be picking up as soon as I can!

    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review, this is actually the first time I heard about this book and it looks and sounds absolutely like a fun read. I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.