Wednesday 19 March 2014

My Dream Library

           
         By chance I have come by the new topic on IndiSpire: What would your dream library look like?
         Well, I still don't know how it will look in appearance, but I know where exactly it should be or will be. There is this hilly patch near my home which once missionaries tried to have for their hospital, let's just think the land has a different idea in mind and I can just hope it will be there for me when I have the means to buy it.
         Ya folks, curious as it may sound I have the audacity to dream a village library. Oh, not the cozy little one with thatched roof and muddy walls which may remind you of a Wordsworthian paradise, but the well furnished, air conditioned (global warming is at its peak and the villages are not excluded), double storey building (that is the minimum) with a cinema hall and a vast reading room.  
        So all my grumbling cousins can have a peep in during vacations (they will be all grown up then, so we will save it for their kids), can have their favourite books and favourite nooks to perch on. And in weekends there will be the screening of these classic, forgotten movies which adapted literature to screen so that they might come to know how someone else have drawn their imaginations. 

        Yes, that's my dream. A dream where the students in my school doesn't have to pay for expensive academic books, a dream in which the life of this community center around our library, a dream of my people set out in the world, armed with the knowledge they got from here, which instills in them a pride for themselves and a respect for others so much so that they won't trample on others or get trampled on.

9 comments:

  1. Village Library idea is very cool.. I wanna a big library for myself and others too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these days books are really expensive, especially the imported ones from foreign authors. So a public library is essential.

      Delete
  2. I guess every village need a library...before that a school...so that they know how to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very noble idea. But, I agree with Farah above. A library is no use if one hasn't been taught the alphabets. :O Also, regional literature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful dream that you have ! You should check out http://www.bookwallah.org/ They are on a mission to establish several libraries across orphanages and other places. Happy Reading :) !!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.